Date(s) - 08/10/2019 - 10/10/2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Teigngrace Village Hall
- Beginners Watercolours
- creative contemporary watercolour class
- Painting Class in Cornwall
- painting class in Devon
- Painting course in Cornwall
- watercolour break
- watercolour class for beginners
- watercolour for beginners class
- Watercolour Gift Vouchers
- watercolour tuition
- Watercolour Workshops
- workshops at weekends
Creative Watercolours for Absolute Beginners
mediums used: watercolour, water soluble pencils, simple printmaking
what you’ll learn
Not your average watercolour…. A completely different and more experimental approach to using watercolours, and how to think out of the box. How to create special effects by using salt, sticks, clingfilm, homemade rubber stamps, monotype techniques.
Create more expressive, modern, simple semi-abstract images
We’ll be looking at..
- Pouring paint to create exciting swirling colour effects
- Salt Sprinkling to create texture in your colour washes
- Incorporating collage to create depth and interest in your work
- Spraying colours, and water onto your painting to create special effects
- Using oil based resists
- Printing with watercolour in varying consistenciesm using card, rollers and erasers to create interesting textures
ability level: from Absolute Beginners to More Advanced Watercolour painters
- Expert tuition from Sarah in a small group of no more than 10 people, with lots of one-to-one attention.
- All the quality art materials and equipment needed for the workshop
- Complimentary hot drinks to keep you going throughout the day!
- The hall has ample on street parking and is disabled friendly.
- .The workshops have a lovely atmosphere of calm, study, friendship and laughter.
And not included?
Lunch. Please bring along a packed lunch: there are no shops in the village to grab a sandwich from.
Deposit £150 to pay now, Balance of £200 to pay on first day
Book now: my courses fill up very quickly !
Places to stay
Teigngrace is a tiny village near to Bovey Tracey, the Gateway to Dartmoor, but also only 20 mins drive to the coast. Although there is no B&B in the village, there are holiday cottages and a touring park within walking distance at Twelve Oaks Farm. http://bit.ly/2BqtT7K ) There are some lovely places to stay within 15 mins drive including two country house hotels: The Edgemoor: edgemoor.co.uk and the Ilsington Hotel, http://bit.ly/2AaiMvo For a smaller budget, in nearby Bovey Tracey there is the Dolphin Hotel www.dolphinbovey.net and also the Cromwell Arms http://bit.ly/2jimCzz
Follow this link for other options for staying on the area http://bit.ly/2zEHKpI
From this area of beautiful countryside you can reach the following things by car:
Less than 10 mins: Dartmoor National Park, with its wild ponies and outdoor activities; 2 Golf Courses; The Devon Guild of Craftsmen; Newton Abbot Race Course; The House of Marbles Glass Works Centre; Dame Hannah’s cultural centre and cafe.
Less than 30 mins: the seaside towns of Torquay, Teignmouth, Dawlish and Paignton. The beautiful Cathedral city of Exeter; the maritime city of Plymouth; the National Aquarium, several major National Trust Stately Homes, Powderham Castle, and not one but two vintage steam railway companies. Also Totnes, a Mecca for anyone with slightly alternative tastes: vintage clothes, ethnic street food, lovers of campervans, esoteric and alternative lifestyles. (It goes without saying that this place is amazing for fans of people watching!)
This event is fully booked.