Date(s) - 27/02/2020 - 28/02/2020
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Beginners Watercolours
- painting class in Devon
- watercolour break
- watercolour class for beginners
- watercolour for beginners class
- Watercolour Gift Vouchers
- watercolour tuition
- Watercolour Workshops
Watercolour “BEGINNERS PLUS ONE AND PLUS”
Featured as one of Woman & Home magazine’s “Life Changing Courses”
Sarah’s explanations of both how and why you do things in a certain way are brilliant. An inspirational teacher who so obviously adores her subject. Jill , YorkAbsolute Beginners Plus one and Plus two
Thursday 27th – Friday 28th Feb 2020 (Two Days)
So you’ve never picked up a brush before, you’ll be an absolute beginner in watercolour but you’ve always wanted to have a go. I’m with you… 🙂
No need to be able to draw, and no need to feel nervous: you’ll be among people feeling exactly like you. We’ll have tea & biscuits & a giggle when you arrive, then prepare to be spellbound.
” Sarah is a wonderful teacher – she does lots of demonstrating and guides you through all the basics of watercolour painting, so that you feel confident that you can actually paint … with paints … on proper paper … with a brush … and know what you’re doing! ” Kirsty
Let the Watercolour Magic Begin!
When it comes to Watercolours my mantra is: “Keep it Loose and Juicy…”
- More than thirty years of Sarah’s experience. Priceless!
- All your art materials and equipment including watercolour paper, tubes of the correct paint colours, brushes, palettes, boards, etc.
- Basic tea and coffee. (If you drink particularly exotic teas, or use non dairy then please remember to bring some along 🙂
- The hall has a generous free carpark and is disabled friendly.
- Lots of fun and laughter in addition to the art tuition. The workshops have a lovely atmosphere of calm and study , but also lots of moments of friendship and laughter.
And not included?
Accommodation ( I can email you a list of possibilities in the area)
Lunch. Please bring along a packed lunch: there are no shops on the village to grab a sandwich from.
2 days: Fee £225
Deposit of £90 to be paid online, the final £135 to be paid on the day.
Please be warned: my courses fill up very quickly !
I hate to disappoint my students….. so if this course is full you may find the same course running here in a later month or at my other venue in Cornwall so do check the general dates page if you’re desperate to learn!
Clarence House, Clarence Street, Penzance TR18 2PA
About this class:
This class aims to show keep things as simple as possible. You’ll be working with a set of six tube paints, and you don’t need to know how to mix colours. We will just be adapting colours if we need to on this class.
If you desperately want to learn how to mix colours from scratch then you might want to sign up for the Beginners +1 workshop instead, where we concentrate much more on the art of creating our own colours from just three tubes, and wet in wet technique. However, you’ll get a better overview of the two main watercolour techniques from this course for Watercolour for Absolute Beginners.